#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog: Day 3, Juventus-Palermo



Sunday, October 26 was the day of Juventus-Palermo.

No nonsense on this day, off to the Juventus Stadium where I had agreed to meet Enrico, a gentleman I befriended over social media. After a quick photo, off I went into my section looking for my star. 

That's right, my star. I own a piece of the Juventus Stadium, a plaque on the "promenade of stars" that surrounds the top ring of the Juventus Stadium. After several failed tries through stadium tours and matches I finally learned that my star is viewable only by purchasing tickets in the North end of the stadium. Alas, this was not section 205, which was the part I had seats for but section 206 or 207 - for which I have tickets for the match versus Olympiakos.

After a few ritual photos with the three scudetti characters, I gained my seat and enjoyed the prematch which, as always, includes the singing of Juventus anthem "Juve, storia di un grande amore".

The match showed that Juventus is built for speed but is not taking advantage of it.
Nonetheless, Marchisio was in full form, winning balls in the midfield and making crisp passes. A neat performance crowning him the man of the match, undoubtedly.

Tevez and Vidal were the other players with the right kind of intensity, while Allegri played Pereyra out of his natural position (and is showed), in place of Lichtsteiner who needed a rest.

At 32 mins from the start, Tevez wins a ball from 40 yards out and advances through the Palermo defence and places a perfect pass for Vidal who slots it past Sorrentino with a diagonal shot.

It became increasingly evident that Juventus' game play was suffering suffer from Pereyra's lack of ability in that position, and from Pirlo's continued lack of form as of late. Both were later substituted by more apt Lichtsteiner and Pogba.

After Lichtsteiner came on, Juventus' gameplay really took hold, producing scoring chance after scoring chance. With 15 minutes remaining, Juventus struck again.

This time it is Llorente who opens his account for the 2014-15 season off of a Pirlo corner, captured by yours truly, with complimentary celebration:



After the match I hung around the stadium, took some extra pictures around the stadium and slowly started to head back. My procrastination wore off as luck struck again when I see Juventus midfield and central defender Luca Marrone heads toward the edge of a parking lot to salute what appears to be a relative of a female friend of his. I was lucky as I was the third person of a crowd that formed around him very quickly. Luca generously obliged. "So you went for a long walk!" He exclaimed when I told him of that the main reason of traveling from Canada to Italy was to watch Juventus. A class act, and a Juventino through and through.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final