#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog: Day 1, the telephone is ringing you got me on the run

Second time in Italy in 2014.

My first, called Cultural Trip To Turin! In this same blog took place in February.
Back to Turin I go for Juventus' home games against Palermo, Olympiacos and Parma; with an intermezzo in Bari when the galletti host Pescara.

At home, weighing my luggage and finalizing the last-minute loose ends (who am I kidding, it was darn right scrambling). My ride to the airport pulls into the driveway and my phone rings.
"Why doesn't he just ring the bell?" I ask myself. "Hello, is this Rocco Fasano?" Says an Italian accent on the other end.

"It is Juventus FC Press Office calling". Juventus is calling me! In truth it was a bad news phone call: my media accreditation was denied on the grounds that I had purchased a ticket already, and two tickets cannot be held simultaneously by the same person.

Ephemeral hope remains for Juventus-Parma, the second league match that I plan to attend. The lady from the press office agrees to take into consideration the denial for one, to grant me the other.
Once at the airport, I waltz through security and make my way to the lounge. As I am paying my admittance, the phone rings again. I scramble to get it in time and answer without minding the telephone number I don't recognize.



"Hi Rocco, it's the best boss you've ever had". I smirk, knowing full well who it is. "I hear that you are flying Lufthansa to Italy. I think I may know someone out there who can help you out" by which of course he meant that he saw that his big whig contact would get me a free upgrade to first or business class. Life is good.

Good things happen to those who keep their phones on.


Alice Cooper, Under My Wheels:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final