#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog: Day 2, Settling into Turin

Well, first class was a dream.

I don't even know what the other thing is called. Other than torture.

Some wonderful meals, real cutlery, seats that turn into beds, and on-board entertainment. Top stuff.




Once landed in Turin, I went straight to my favorite pizzaiolo and friend Davide and immediately indulged in a few pizzas and a Moretti.



Checked into my hotel, got a little rest then I went out on the town to visit some of my favorite places: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Piazza Castello, Via Po, and via Garibaldi. On my to do list for this night was to try the Piedmontese delicacy, Bagna Cauda.

The first place I tried was booked solid until 10pm but I was able to score a seat at an Osteria that offered it, which I found by chance off of Viale Corte D'Appello, one of Turin's many pedestrian streets. The main feature in the Bagna Cauda is a hot dip made of pureed anchovies, garlic, and margarine within which one dips vegetables (served cold). It was very flavorful and salty. I enjoyed it with gusto.




The osteria was followed by a walk about town a gelato on Via Po and then off to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final