#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 7: Gallivanting About Turin and Player Sightings



Recovering from the merrymaking that followed Juventus-Olympiacos was item one on my agenda.

The match's events are still surreal in my mind: Pirlo's unbelievable free kick, Llorente and Pogba's double salvo a few minutes after Olympiacos' go-ahead goal, the missed penalty, the celebrations.

I decide to start my day a little slower, a little later, and take Turin on. For one, I know that it's common for players and coaches to frequent some of the downtown locales. So, I work "player hunting" into the day.

First, around lunch I head to the One Apple, where former Juventus and current Italian national team coach Antonio Conte has lunch from time to time. No luck, as he was in Milan, the city that will host Italy-Croatia in a few weeks. As I sip my americano I see Luca Marrone descend from the upper floor.

As I'm leaving the One Apple, I notice an ad on the newspaper stand with a large photo of current Juventus coach Max Allegri on the front page of Hurrà Juventus magazine visible right from the restaurant. Ironic.

The bulk of my day was spent at the Museo del Risorgimento (Italian Unification), which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Palazzo Carignano, which hosts the Museum of Italian Unification, and the birth site of Victor Emmanuel II (First King of Italy)
Charles Albert of Savoy's declaration of the Albertine State in 1848 (precursor to the Firs War of Italian Independence)


In the evening I hit the Lampara downtown, which one of my sources told me was another hot spot for Juventus players. Sure enough, Patrice Evra was dining with his family at the back of the restaurant. I don't like bothering players while dining and such since I know how much it bothers me to be disturbed during a meal.

For me, it's cool enough to be around the players of my favourite team.

After dinner I took another walk about town, a gelato on Via Po and back to my hotel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final