#TFC introduces #Giovinco: "I'll use my footballing intelligence"





Sebastian Giovinco is here. After touching down in Toronto at 2:20pm yesterday, Sebastian was welcomed by a sea of jubilant TFC fans, armed with drums and flags and, of course, cameras and paraphernalia.

Today, Toronto FC presented Giovinco to the press, to Major League Soccer, to Toronto. 

Toronto FC Bazbatchenko introduced Giovinco and explained how Sebastian will have a team built around him, and how a player like him contributes to a solid foundation built brick-by-brick, starting with Bradley, Altidore before him.

Giovinco's first words as a Red: "Thank you all of you, I will try to pay back this warm welcome on the field trying to win with this jersey because I want to be a part of this club and of this team".

Andrea D'Amico, his agent said "Sebastian understood right away the importance of this challenge, and the possibility of this project. After wearing the Juventus and Italy jersey he wanted an important challenge".

Giovinco was asked about his preferred position, and why he came here: "I prefer to play as a striker. My ability to play at the highest level was put into doubt in Italy, but I showed that this wasn't the case".

Anthony Totera asked about how he will cope with a very physical league to which he responded: "If I won't be able to fight with my physical side, I'll use my footballing intelligence".

Marco D'Onofrio asked about how he will cope with the different environment, to which Giovinco answered "I adapt easily to new environment in general, I'll work with my coach, my new teammates to help me adapt". Tim Batbazchenko added that Sebastian's coming to Canada this early in the year will help him adapt. 

Many players have wanted to come to Toronto after Giovinco's deal was announced, one of which Di Natale (as reported on this site earlier), to which Giovinco responded "to be honest, they all wanted to follow me", which was met with roaring laughter.

One final question on his future with the national team, "I spoke with Conte and made this choice and told him that if he needs me, I'd give him a helping hand. I know it's hard but difficulties exalt me. Conte told me that one day he wishes to coach in this league as well".

In the media scrum that followed, Giovinco said "I'm very happy for this choice, I will try to pay back on the field the love shown to me. I haven't decided where I will live yet, I just landed".

On this future "It will be something different for me, I'll try my best to adapt to this league and I will do the utmost for this team. Everything is a little surreal right know". 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final