Rossi: "I'm ready for the World Cup"



As anticipated yesterday, Giuseppe Rossi held a press conference this afternoon in Florence.

"The past few months have been tough for me, of hard work and with the support of my family, my team mates and Luke Bongiorno. Now I'm well, and I must thank all of those who helped me", remarked the 27 year old from New Jersey.

On his return to the scoresheet, Rossi said "Yesterday's goal was truly beautiful, alas it was only our second versus the four that Sassuolo scored. I dedicate it to my father, but also to my girlfriend and my sister who flew over just to see me play, and to Fiorentina fans, who've always supported me".

What interests Serie A lovers and those who hold dear the fate of the Italian national team, however, is Pepito's return to la Nazionale: "All I have to do is play and demonstrate that I'm in good physical form and am able to lend a hand to the azzurri. I never thought about not going to the World Cup. I want to do well these last two games and then go to Brazil"

Physical form is key during a World Cup, and Rossi is readier than ever: "I am really ready for everything. I'm ready to play these last two games and World Cup. My knee is good, and my form is good. Surely, I haven't played for a full match, but I will improve over the course of the next month. I will do whatever I'm asked". 

Giuseppe Rossi has clearly put his injury behind him, and is determined to do well for club and country. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SerieA Road Trip Personal Blog Day 8, Paying Respects to Crosstown Rivals

My very personal wish to Juventus on her 120th birthday

My Champions League Final